WHO WE ARE
First Presbyterian Church is a gospel community, communing with God, connecting with people, and communicating grace and hope to magnify Christ in Dyersburg and beyond.
We are a particular church that is a part of the Presbyterian Church in America. For more information on our denomination and what we believe, please visit the official website of the PCA.
The history of our church dates back to 1854, originating with only nine members and three elders. Over the next 150 years, our small congregation continued to expand here in Dyersburg. We eventually moved into our current church building on land generously donated by the Alexander family in 1972. For many years, services were held in what is now Alexander Hall until the present day sanctuary was built and dedicated September 12, 1993. The Lord has been faithful to our congregation throughout more than a century of growth and we are excited to see what the future holds for First Pres Dyersburg.
In 1995, we opened First Presbyterian Christian School with an enrollment of 24 students and erected a building for the growing school just a few years later. In 2003, the name was changed to Christ Classical Academy to reflect a new vision for the school. CCA continues to serve students in Pre-K through the 8th grade by providing not only a quality education but also an exceptional opportunity to develop as disciples of Christ to the children in Dyersburg and surrounding areas. For more information about CCA, please visit their website.